The Mazda CX-5 is an outstanding car and is gradually becoming popular in the Kenyan roads. The allure of technology and aesthetic makes the car give it’s prospects a run for their money. The Mazda CX-5 competitors include Subaru Forester, Mitsubishi Outlander, Nissan X-Trail, Honda CR-V, VW Tiguan and the Toyota Rav-4.
This 5-seater crossover SUV has been in production from around 2012 till to-date. The first generation of the CX-5 series was known as KE series followed by the second series known as the KF series. The Mazda CX-5 grades comprise of the CX-5 20C, CX-5 XD,CX-5 20 S and CX-5 XD L package. These grades vary in transmission drives, engine options and a few interior and exterior features.
The Mazda CX-5 has two engine options. The 2.2 litre SKYACTIV-D diesel engine and the 2.0 litre SKYACTIV-G petrol engine. Both options are linked to a 6-speed electric controlled automatic transmission available in either 2WD or 4 WD.
Interior and Space
- Sufficient head space and leg room on both rows.
- Substantial cabin storage. The first row has a door panel hold, a storage shelf below the dashboard, center box, glove box and cup holders for at least 2 cups.The second row has cup holders, front seat cloak pockets and a door panel hold.
- The trunk space can hold an average of 500 ltrs up to at least 1600 litres when the back seats are folded.
- The Mazda CX-5 2.0 l petrol consumes 16.0 Km/l
- The Mazda CX-5 2.2 l diesel consumes 18. 6 Km/l
The fuel tank capacity is of 56 litres for the 2WD and 58 litres for the 4WD.
- SRS airbags and Curtain airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Smart city break support (SCBS)
- 3 point ERL seatbelt
- DCS and TCS
- i- ACTIVESENSE
The diesel type accelerates faster that the petrol type with a difference of a small margin.
- 2.0 l ( 0-100 Km/h in 10 sec)
- 2.2 l ( 0- 100 Km/h in 9 sec)
The varied features of Mazda CX-5 makes it a nice choice to consider however, a drawback from it’s side is that it has expensive body parts compared to it’s a average competitors.
The Mazda CX-5 has varied service intervals for minor and major service checks. For more information on how the car should be maintained and vital information, you can read the owner’s manual.